Wednesday 25 June 2014

DIY: Lemon & Baking Soda Face Scrub

In the last week for whatever reason my skin has been going a little crazy and I was getting quite sick of it, with no money to spend on any new product to help me with this I decided to search for some little easy DIY face masks that could be made from things in the kitchen cupboards!

I had heard of baking soda and lemon being used to whiten teeth before so when I read about it being used as a face scrub/mask my first thought was ouchhh! But surprisingly it doesn't burn or tingle that badly, atleast you can feel it working!

All you have to do is take a bowl and a couple of tablespoons of baking soda, then squeeze about two teaspoons of lemon juice all over and mix it up. It will most likely foam up but this is just the reaction of the two ingredients. The first time I did this I found it quite hard to apply as a face mask but found using it to exfoliate in circular motions around my face was a much better method, but you can do whatever suits you best. I must admit the first time my combination skin was left quite red after the first try but I covered my face in moisturiser after washing off, so it's good to keep that in mind if your skin is on the sensitive side.

I'm really loving using more natural products lately, reading the chemical lists in a lot of skin products can be extremely confusing and I'm not sure if we really know what half of them even are! This costs a fraction of the price of the products you see in Boots & Superdrug so you should definitely have a go if your skin is behaving badly!




No comments:

Post a Comment